Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Paragraph Part-5 (Six to SSC)



21. A Journey by Train     p
My annual examination was over. I had recess for some days. During this time of the year the weather is good enough to make a journey. Incidentally, I with some of my friends took a sudden decision to go to my sister’s house in Chittagong by train. It was my first journey by train. On the appointed day we arrived at Kamlapur railway station by a taxi before sunrise. We bought our tickets and got into the train just at 7 a.m. When the guard blew the whistle and waved his green flag, the train started moving. I, keeping myself aloof, sat beside a window and looked outside through it. The sun was rising with all its splendid beauty. Soon leaving urban areas, the train entered the rural areas and was running through the green fields. Dewdrops on the soft grass of meadows were glittering like pearls, I gazed and gazed at the houses, trees and meadows with a cheerful mind. Things came to my vision and disappeared in the twinkling of an eye. When the train was running at a full speed, every thing seemed running swiftly to the opposite direction. I also enjoyed the mild jerking of the train and rhythmic sounds of the wheels. Now and then it crossed a bridge over a river with a chattering noise. As it was an express train, it stopped only at a few big stations. At about noon when the train entered Chittagong district, I felt great joy seeing the hills on either side of the line, as I had never seen a hill before. After eight hours journey, the train reached Chittagong railway station at about 3 p.m. We got down from the train and went to my sister’s house by a taxi. Our return journey was equally a pleasant one. This pleasant and enjoyable journey lasted for a few hours. But the journey left a permanent impression in my mind. I never forget the sweet memory of this journey. The scene of the memorable journey peeps into my mind when I become tired of the mechanical urban life.

QvÎ-QvÎx, wk¶K‡`i myweav‡Z© †R.Gm.wm Bs‡iwR Gi g‡Wj †U÷ Avc‡jvW Kiv nj|
 


22. My Aim in life  
Every man should have a definite aim in life. Without a definite aim none can reach the height of glory in life. It acts as the guiding force of man to reach his goal in life. A man with an indefinite aim can hardly reach the goal of life. Different persons have different aims in life. Somebody desires power, somebody wants wealth and riches and somebody craves for honour and dignity in society. Again, somebody wants to be an engineer or a doctor and so on. This choice of profession entirely depends on one’s taste, aptitude and intensity of desire. Since my boyhood I have a great regard for teaching profession. As such I have always cherished an intense desire in my mind for becoming a teacher. My father who is a school teacher has inspired me to take this profession. I have also got the inspiration from my teachers. I believe that nothing can be nobler than to build up the character of a child or a man. Another reason behind my choice is that teaching is a noble profession and the life of a teacher is a dedicated one. Moreover, 80% of our people have no light of education. And as such, they are suffering from ignorance. So, I want to remove the darkness from their minds and make good citizens of the country. For all these reasons, I have decided to be a teacher.
With a view to reaching my goal I wish to prepare myself first. I am now an S.S.C examinee. After passing both the S.S.C and H.S.C Examination with credit I shall get myself admitted into a University to complete Honours and Masters Degree. After having done Masters I shall complete the B.Ed. and M.Ed. Course to qualify myself as a good teacher. When I have completed my course of studies, I will join in a High School located at my own village. Then I will render my best services to the society and the nation at large. In teaching I shall vest all my efforts to enkindle the light of learning in the minds of people.  I shall be happy and consider my work amply rewarded, if I can give them proper education and knowledge and make them good citizens of the country.
23. The Statue of Liberty     
The Statue of Liberty is a monumental sculpture that symbolizes freedom throughout the world. Its formal name is Liberty Enlightening the World. It was gifted by France to the USA as a symbol of friendship. The statue depicts a woman escaping the chains of tyranny and the chain is lying at her feet. Her right hand holds aloft a burning torch that represents liberty. Her left hand holds a book inscribed the date “July 4, 1776”, the day when the United States declared its independence. She is wearing flowing robes and the seven rays of her spiked crown symbolize the seven seas and continents. The Statue of Liberty is 46 m (151 ft) high. Its base and pedestal increase the height of the monument to 93 m (305 ft). The statue was designed by the French sculptor Frederic Bartholdi and The iron frame was devised by French engineer Alexandre-Gustave Eiffel, who also built the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The statue rests upon a concrete-and-granite pedestal designed by American architect Richard Morris Hunt. It is a symbol of both friendship and freedom.
24. How to Follow the Rules of Health  
Health is wealth. It is the root of all happiness. Health is the state of having sound mind in a sound body. To keep sound body, the rules of health should be followed strictly. First of all, take physical exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet. Without taking physical exercise, nobody can remain hale and hearty. Then, take proper rest. Next, drink clean and sufficient water. Pollution free water is essential because polluted water causes different water-borne diseases. After that, take leafy vegetables. Try to be free from tension and. Finally, cleanliness is very important and so keep yourself and your environment neat and clean. Bear in mind that cleanliness in an indispensable part of belief. Besides, one may take part in various sports and games for the purpose. He should not keep late hours at night and should get up early in the morning. And thus sound health can be preserved.
25. A Cleaner  Tx
A Cleaner is a type of industrial or domestic worker who cleans homes or offices for payment. Unlike other servants, their primary task is cleaning. Cleaners may specialize in cleaning particular things or places, such as window cleaners. Cleaners often work when the people who otherwise occupy the space are not around. They may clean offices at night or houses during the work day. As like as Bulbul is a cleaner who collects rubbish from the Sankar area Dhaka. Every morning he wakes up 5 O’clock and walks along the streets of Sanker area to collect rubbish. People of Sankar area put their rubbish in plastic bins and leave them in front of their houses. Bulbul walks from door to door to collect them. Sometimes the bins are very dirty and they smell bad. But he does not mind. He takes out everything from the bins and put them in a large plastic bag. He believes that all jobs are important. He works hard every day to keep this area clean. When Bulbul was sick for two days. So, he could not come to collect the rubbish. The people of Sankar were in great become dirty and unhygienic. When Bulbul got well, he came back to Sankar. He collected everything from all the bins. He does not want to fall sick again. He realizes if he stops working even for a few days only. The whole area will turn in to a big dustbin. We are proud for these cleaner. Of course, he is respected by all.
26. My Garden  
I have a garden in front of our house. it is divided into two parts. In one part there is a flower garden and in another part there is a vegetable garden. There is a strong fence around it so that cattle and naughty children can no do any harm to it. Everyday in the afternoon, I go to my garden and work there about two hours. There are different kinds of flowers in my glower garden. They are the rose, the jui, the chameli, the belly, the tuberose, and many other flowers. I cultivate different kinds of vegetables in my garden. my garden gives me both pleasure and monetary benefits. It strengthens my body and refreshes my mind. Every morning when I visit my garden, I feel a great pleasure seeing the garden full of flowers. My hart dances with joy when I see the flowers tossing their heads in the gentle breeze. At night when the sweet smell of flowers comes into my room, it makes me happy and fills my mind with heavenly bliss. I feel very happy to have such a garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment